Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fresh tastes best!

Around here we love a good old home made pizza.

Fresh herbs from the garden, ham, mushrooms, spicy salami, capsicums, Marlborough flaky sea salt, fresh ground pepper, pasta sauce and yummy Mainland Mozzarella style cheese.

Before cooking:

DSCF1663

Just out of the oven:

DSCF1665

Yum, can’t you just smell that?

DSCF1667

Here’s my tried and true pizza base recipe that my friend Robyn from Thames gave me many years ago.

Mix together (I use food processor)

Just over ½ cup warm water

½ teaspoon sugar

2 teaspoons granulated yeast

2 teaspoons oil

leave until foamy

Add

1 teaspoon salt

1 ½ cups plain flour

Give that a blatt (or knead)

Roll out, place in Pizza dish. Bake 4 mins at 230c, add toppings and cook a further 12 mins – or so.

So easy and so yummy.

Makes one thin crispy based pizza ‘bout 12” (32cm)

Perfect easy Sunday lunch.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like something I could try with my granddaughters in the holidays - I know they love pizza - thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...