Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baby Steps

DSCF1567
In 2008 Taupo Quiltmakers recognised that we had lots of new members interested in learning quilting basics. So I ran a Baby Steps Programme. This small quilt 45 inch square features a variety of techniques, applique, half square triangles, flying geese, quarter square triangles and foundation piecing.We were just making little Baby Steps on our way to learning.  Some of the pieces used finished at 1 square inch, very fiddly piecing. I figured if you could make this you could make anything!
DSCF1569
The blocks finished at 7 inches. The sashings and corner stones finished at 1 inch.
 DSCF1570
Members made the quilt in a wide variety of colours. Some tweaked the design by adding another border. All in all I think it was an exercise which was enjoyed by all participants. I love my little quilt. It is now hanging in our front hallway where “Nine go to Calico Christmas” was hanging. Baby Steps is our spring wall hanging.
I’m sorry I cant give credit to the designer of this pattern. I did find it on the Web, it is called Folk Art Sampler designed by DotTquilt. It seems to have vanished from the Web.
Thanks for popping by -
and Go the ALL BLACKS!!!


1 comment:


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...