Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A very special Birthday

Today Mum, Wendy, Peggy and I went to Te Awamutu to visit our Aunt Grace who was celebrating her 102 Birthday. Yep you read that right, I did say 102.

DSCF1206

She’s pretty sprightly isn’t she?

Here she is with her sister (our Mum)

DSCF1195

You’d never guess they are sisters would you?

While we were there I took this picture of a quilt I made for Aunty Grace about 20 years ago.

DSCF1198

Back then I used to hand quilt I thought a quilt wasn’t a proper quilt unless it was hand quilted. Check out those feathers:

DSCF1200

 

Thanks for popping by

TTFN

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Aunt Grace. That's quite a milestone. She does look sprightly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful age, she does look great for 102. Congratulations and happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find your blog! Your Aunt Grace does look sprightly (and nice quilting product placement by Ms. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Quilt Auntie Linda. I can only hope that we are lucky enough to have you and miss Peggy around in 40+ years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW 102 is AMAZING and what a coincidence - I have family in TA also!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...