Monday, August 29, 2011

Quilting beginnings

Recently I had several friends express an interest in learning to quilt. Ever the Quilting Ambassador of Taupo I invited them to our house  to learn a few tips and tricks. In 2008  I lead some Taupo Quiltmakers through a “Baby Steps” programme. This quilt is not large the blocks finish at 7”.

DSCF1308

It features traditional piecing, applique and foundation piecing. I figure if you can make this quilt you can make any quilt.

So on Sunday we started:

DSCF1305

After 1.5 hours we had produced this:

DSCF1316

Yep, it just takes little baby steps to get there.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Wow, needle turn applique for a first lesson! When I taught Beginners back in the early nineties, we started on hexagons! Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...