Thursday, August 18, 2011

I’m back

Hi di hi

I’m back. Did you miss me? Do you want to know where I’ve been? Well I went  to Omokoroa in the Beautiful Bay of Plenty .

to this glorious location for a lecture and trunk show on Tuesday night and a class yesterday with Sharon Schamber. What an amazing lady!

Have a poke around in her gallery. She had the two beautiful lady quilts with her. We were allowed to go right up to her quilts and TOUCH them!! Some of them are valued at US$80,000.She spends at least  1000 hours on each quilt. She takes 1 hour to micro fill 9 square inches!! Not a level of quilting I aspire too but never the less very inspiring.I have linked you to her site because the pictures I took appear to have gone missing between my camera and my computer!

It’s lovely to be home.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MOLY $80,000 for 1 quilt!! I will go take a look for sure!

    And that is a beautiful photo. Making me ever so homesick *sniff...

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...