Monday, August 22, 2011

Goodwill Grans

 

I found this little treasure at our local Hospice Opshop. It’s about the size of a pillow case, all hand pieced

Goodwill grans before

I had to bring that home didn’t I?

A little bit of crosshatching on my trusty Pfaff and this is what it looks like now.

Goodwill Grans after

Perfect sized wee quilt to pop on top of my foot stool.

I guess by now you will have figured I have a bit of a love affair going with hexagons. Probably because I know from my own feeble attempts that they absorb a lot of stitching time.They speak to me of the past.

TTFN

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I would have had to bring that one home too.

    I love the cross hatch quilting. It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shay
    Thank you so much. Isn't interesting how the quilting brings out a secondary pattern?
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Everything is improved by quilting"! You have made a lovely job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen
    Thank you. Yes a quilt is not a quilt until it's quilted.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is amazing.
    I still have my first ever hexie quilt handpieced that I made when I was 17 for a school project. Thing is it was never quilted and I've never known 'how' to quilt it - I LOVE the straight lines in this -
    Cat

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...