Saturday, July 16, 2011

Well I did have a plan……

……….But I think I am at the it gets a whole lot worse before it gets better stage.Mind I did add more to the pile.
DSCF1100
I have been packing up those kits I cut for Taupo Quiltmakers Community quilts. That took a tad longer than I thought it would. Then there’s pressing scraps ready to cut them down. I like to “harvest” the scraps from my projects into squares and strips. I start by cutting the largest square I can out of the scrap of fabric.
  DSCF1102
Then move on to cutting smaller squares from the rest until I get down to 2”
DSCF1104
From this piece  I harvested:
1 x 6.5”
1 x 5”
1x 3.5”
2 x 2.5”
These go into trays marked with the size of squares.
DSCF1113
Just love these baskets. I bought them at the $2 shop. They’re great because the handles flip in and create support for stacking.
Pieces suitable for loading on our Go cutter get cranked through:
DSCF1107
Okay there is a bit of waste but I do save strips.
DSCF1110
Finally strips over 1 inch wide go into the strip bin. These are great to delve into for Foundation Piecing projects and string blocks.
I love having squares on hand for scrap quilts. Like this one:
vcm_s_kf_repr_640x480
I whipped this up quickly to test quilting free hand Baptist fans on. I needed to know I could get them just right for a vintage scrap quilt I was quilting for a customer. A stack of pre-cut 3” squares for the middle, a narrow border and 5” blocks round the edge.
Cici's first cat scan 2
Beautifully modelled by Cici.
Perhaps I will be able to report a clean table top tomorrow.
TTFN
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...