Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Flowers for a friend

On Monday I was shocked to learn that a fellow volunteer at the Opshop has breast cancer. She goes to Waikato Hospital on Monday for a mastectomy. We were all feeling very shocked and wondering what we could do for her. I said”She needs a quilt”. So I offered to put one together for her. Fortunately several years ago I made a top with lovely floral Robyn Pandolph fabric. Onto the frame it went toot sweet. This is how it turned out:

DSCF1138

I quilted it with leaves, fronds, swirls and the occasional heart.

DSCF1141

I have just returned from delivering it to her. Please hold my friend in your thoughts on Monday.

Thanks

Linda

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing for you to do for a friend in need. I do hope everything turns out well for her.

    The quilt is so pretty and will be treasured Im sure.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...